Friday Favorite

Friday, July 13, 2012



My favorite thing this Friday is love. {I know. I have no shame.}

I blame springtime. Or pinterest. Heck, I blame both of them and a gad of other things for my recent obsession with lovebirds. 

I'm not absolutely sure why, but lately, in my life, the site of a couple just makes me get all gushy inside. 


In a very embarrassing, teary, get-a-grip-on-yourself kind of way. Really, I'll be walking around campus {which has no short supply of couples mind you} and the sight of interlocked hands just brings a smile to my face. Followed by that particular couple catching my socially awkward stare and an immediate vibe of uncomfortableness is shared between us. It's a joy, really. 


I've always loved love though, I think. In any movie if there was a couple that didn't end up together in the end {even if it was for the very, very best for both parties} I instantly detested that movie. 

I know. Irrational much?

Anyway..

I think that love is absolutely wonderful. I love falling in it, being in it, and seeing the very best people in my life become better people because of it. 


My friend Matt, whose engaged to the love of his life, put it the very best the other day when he said, "I love my friends. I have the best of friends. But there's only one friend who I really find myself wanting to be with anymore."

 Happy friday everyone! Tell someone you love 'em this weekend, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment