New Things

Thursday, May 1, 2014



I've decided to jump back into blogging again.


Most important reason for this being that within (not even) the last 12 months I have 1) Gotten married 2) Adjusted to all the wonders and fun that come with living with a man 3) Gotten pregnant 4) Graduated college and 5) Moved across the country exchanging dry (but beloved) Idaho for the great state of 10,000 lakes- Minnesota. 
As you can see, my life is running full speed ahead with absolutely zero rest stops. Lots and lots of new. It's quite a bit to keep up with, and I feel that with all this transition I'm missing out on giving myself the opportunity to chronicle it in the way I feel most comfortable. Blogging and I just get each other. Plus I've been looking back on some of my most favorite times in life like going to Mexico, starting college etc. and I love having an equally visual and written process with which to look back on. 
I've thought a lot about why I haven't started up sooner. Truth be told, journaling of any kind, although super fun and worthwhile, causes a weird pressure for me sometimes. Like, if I'm going to write anything down about my life it has to be perfect. Because heaven forbid I write anything for posterity/ my social public to read that isn't the most interesting and witty thing they've ever come across. 


Nope. That's dumb. 

So, let's get updated on my current status, shall we?



Status: Umm.... Pregnant.
Employment: Human incubator
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota. Where the lakes, mosquitoes, trees and northern accents abound. But I kinda like it here..
Husband: Blond boy with glasses. Got himself a big boy job and leaves me EVERY DAY. Still adjusting.
Current craving: Toast with peanut butter and strawberries
Current obsession: Living approx. 5 minutes away from a Target, 10 minutes away from a Noodles & Company, 15 minutes from a Chipotle, 20 minutes from a West Elm and 15 minutes from a Bed Bath & Beyond. a.k.a. Living somewhere other than Rexburg for the first time in 5 years.
Most excited about: Preparing to meet little nugget, and really taking the chance to explore everything this new place has to offer us. 

So, here's to all the new.

1 comment:

  1. loved this post!! isn't it wonderful being out of rexburg and having a target so close?! haha I'm glad you are liking Minnesota! I look forward to you blogging more.. especially of the bump! :)

    ReplyDelete