Bumpdate- 22 Weeks

Thursday, May 22, 2014





How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't kept track very well, but I think about 15 lbs.
Maternity clothes: My lifesaver are these pants from Gap that my sister got for me above. They're so comfortable, plus they're way cute! Other than that my wardrobe is maxi dresses, skirts and long baggy blouses with leggings. 
Gender: Girl 
Stretch marks: I haven't seen any yet. I'm sure they'll appear something fierce one of these days.
Sleep: Sometimes I wake up randomly in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. Other than that I sleep great!
Most interesting interaction: I don't know if its the belly or just how nice Minnesota people are, but I've had 4 people randomly bring up the weather to start a conversation out of nothing in a 2 day period. 
Best moment of the week: Laying in bed after a perfect Sunday while Josh sang to my tummy. 
Movement: She probably kicks just a few times a day right now. Sometimes I can feel her moving more and the only way to explain that feeling is like all the empty spaces of your stomach are sort of filling up.
Makes me feel best: Getting fully ready for the day and taking the time to make a nice, healthy meal for myself
Hardest task: Anything to do with reaching all of a sudden feels like a massive chore
Food cravings: Lately I've been on a sweets kick, which is weird for me because I'm more of a pasta than a pastry person. Any candy I see looks delectable. It was easier when all I craved was a big, fresh salad, haha!
Most looking forward to: Seeing baby girl on screen again
Most nervous about: I think the first few days/ weeks after she's born. I can't wait for her to come, but I just hope that I can take care of her as well as I expect myself too.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, not really. This was not the case in the first trimester.
Are you showing? Yup. I especially feel like I've popped in the past few days.
Belly button: Haha one night Josh looked at me and told me that my belly button was starting to disappear, and he was totally right. It's just sort of stretching out a bit...
Happy or Moody: Happy! I don't think I've been too moody really throughout the pregnancy. Except for when I was really sick. I was pretty grumpy then.
Weekly Wisdom: Umm.. don't leave yourself alone with a box full of watermelon twists?

*This post was initially "23 weeks" until a sweet friend who's due the same day as me reminded me I was a week off. Yeah, sometimes I can't even get the numbers associated with the growth rate of my child right*

2 comments:

  1. Wait! I thought we were due the same day! How are you 23 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! Looks like I counted a week ahead on accident... that's like the worst mistake to make. You think you've got more time behind you than you do! Well at least at this point we're techincally only 2 days away from being 23 weeks.

    ReplyDelete