Goodbye BYU-I

Monday, May 12, 2014



Because titles that rhyme are obviously more fun.






In front of our first little home.





Josh's sweet family, minus his sister Jessica, who's on a mission in Sacramento.


My sister, Jordan, drove out with my brother for the day!


Typical Rexburg.





Josh's wonderful Aunt Liz (who threw me the best bridal shower, ever)


Big brother (and photographer of the day)



I was slightly embarrassed to do these Graduation/ maternity pics in front of a college-sized gymnasium full of people, but I just decided to own it. 


It was pretty wonderful to be able to walk with Josh. He works so hard at everything he does and I felt really proud being able to sit next to him and take this final college step together. 








Our last few weeks in Rexburg did not allow much time for nostalgia. Even when we were actually graduating all I kept thinking about was the treacherous combo of my robe + cap + and prego belly, and trying to make all of those things work together for a smooooth walk across that stage.
It was so wonderful having family come out to celebrate with us. It was short, but we had a super fun evening together just munching on food, chatting and talking about the future. I love our families.

But when I think back on the wonderful 4 1/2 years I've had in that city, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude at the people I've met, teachers who've helped me grow, and classes that changed the way I thought about and dealt with life. 

Highlights of my time in Rexburg include..

// Meeting and staying friends with an amazing group of girls from my first semester dorm
// Spring semesters filled with Monkey Rock (more or less), Karie Anne's ice cream, bonfires, sand dunes, late night drives, Porter Park, and trips to the drive in
// Religion classes. They truly just filled my soul.
// Getting an A in my American Epidemic class- the one everyone said was unconquerable. BOO YA.
// Volunteering at the Special Olympics. A very small, but sweet experience with some very happy individuals
// Deciding with one of my best friends, Carly, to go teach English in Mexico for a semester
// All the fun times with the BEST ward on campus- 32nd ward. Bear Lake, Mud Football, couch movie nights, hot springs, shooting, and many many many other fun times.
// Learning from the great examples I had around me
// Sunday dinners and apartment prayer with my girls
// That time I tried to play on a flag football team. HA.
// Roadtrips to Montana, California, Arizona and Utah
// Actually developing a taste in music
// ALL of the incredible random times with my friends in our apt. Dan in Real Life, "Dan-ger", living room sleepovers, 27 dresses, fort-building, mattress surfing, bedroom conversations, boy creeping, eating etc.
// Making giant, table sized no bake cookies and nachos (separate occasions)
// Doing the Spartan Cheerleaders SNL skit with a fantastic Will Ferrell impersonator
// 4th of Julys. Just couldn't be topped.
// Going to my first General Conference
// Waking up to the same best friend/ roommate for 4 years (literally, she had to wake me up because I NEVER heard my alarm clock)
// Planning and executing some pretty spectacular events
// Meeting, dating, and marrying my husband
// Watching all of my bests meet, date and marry their husbands
// Settling into our first apartment together
// Fixing it up from flooded, unlivable status, to slightly cute and more livable status
// Finding out we were going to have a baby!
// Watching the campus grow and develop 
// Hearing from amazing academic and religious speakers every week at Devotional
// Adventures in Island Park, Mesa Falls, Packsaddle, Jackson Hole, and all of the other incredible places surrounding our little SE Idaho corner.
// Leaving knowing I had one of the very best college experiences, ever.



Goodbye, BYU-Idaho.



No comments:

Post a Comment