Summer Aspirations

Saturday, August 4, 2012


One thing I enjoy most about summer is the time to soak things in and appreciate the things around you that school and work can often make you to busy for. I have time to be inspired by a lot of things that I might not have really taken into consideration before July, so I thought that I would share some. 



Things that are inspiring me lately:





1. Tranquil pictures of oceans and other bodies of water.


2. Empowering quotes


"I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul"

"The standard of your circumstance does not have to dictate your level of happiness or humility towards life"


3. Good reads


You see this man?

This is Dale.

Dale Carnegie.


You see that book in his hand?

He wrote it.

It's called 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'

And it happens to be a great book that I would put on any man, woman, or child's list of things to do to improve themselves as well as their overall outlook on how the small things in life really are what matter most. 

"Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours"
- Dale Carnegie



4. Past journal entries and the fact that they hopefully mean that there is progress in my life.



5. Traveling pictures via Pinterest





I am just itching to pick up and travel places.




I love the time that summer gives you to think and do the things you don't normally have time for. 

Not to mention the time it gives you to lounge by the pool.  

Hey, a summer tan is a good aspiration, right?



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestion :) Also, I want water soo badly. Like crazy bad. Too bad I'm landlocked for eternity... hahaha I guess mountains will have to do for now ;)

    Second also, you are so fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete