Grateful

Monday, October 15, 2012







Earlier last week I was feeling like bleh.

Just....bleh


I was frustrated by the smallest things and it completely felt like the world was against me. Middle child-attention-deprived syndrome much?


The only thing that sounded appealing to me was soft blankets, meaningful movies, and a bucket of dark chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds.

 
{For those of you who are thinking it, no it was not the monthly visitor. But thanks for trying to give me a good reason for being ornery}


I'm not going to go into details, but to sum it all up, homegirl was an extreme grumble-bunny.

Gr·um·ble Bun·ny
(noun)
1. No-good mooder
2. Unappreciative, whiney, grumpy face



Feel free to begin incorporating this word into every-day usage.

Anyway, it got to the point where even I was getting annoyed with myself.

It took some heavy mental motivation, but I decided to ignore everything that was telling me things were rotten.

It was beginning to be too easy to believe the negative, and if I desired to be happy again I would just have to do it. 

And that's it.

I pulled a Nike on my week, and I just did it.




And I tell you what....




Life has been great.

Stressful, busy, and demanding- but SO great.



So, to keep this positive momentum going {before I can't find a parking spot and all my hard work goes to the pits} here are some things that I'm grateful for...


1. Girls night w/ the roommates



2. Treasures in the sleep wear section of Target during girls night


3. Boyfriends who help you study for a test you put off studying for till the day 
of while he makes you crepes.


4. Visits from my geographically wide-spread family


5. Dinners w/ great friends

6. Sundays

7. My education

8. Mishaps that turn into jokes

9. To-Do Lists

10. Food. {This ones for the siblings who occasionally read my blog ;)}



I'm sure that there is a meltdown in my future, but I have come leaps and bounds from Freshman year, and I expect to get better at all of this "handling life" stuff with time.


Wishing you all a great, wonderful, and happy week :)




2 comments:

  1. Glad your week turned around! I so remember that overwhelmed, everything-in-my-life-feels-hard feeling that goes hand in hand with college. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! Pity parties are OK every once in a while.... right??

    ReplyDelete